5 weeks pregnant after miscarriage
- I had a miscarriage and d&c in June 09 at 10 weeks and I now found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. I'm so nervous that everything is going to happen again. I have a beautiful 2 yr old girl that was a normal healthy pregnancy. We don't know what went wrong last time and that makes things hard. I don't know what to watch for so I think everything means I'm going to lose this one too. I will go in for blood work this week to make sure levels look ok but I don't go to the doctor until November 17th and to wait that long seems unbearable. I'm just trying to leave it in God's hands and know his will be done. Easier said than done but I'm trying.
- —Guest Heather
Anxiety with pregnancy after miscarriage
- I had a miscarriage 8-09. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. All of a sudden I am suffering from horrible anxiety and am convinced that this pregnancy will end. I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking that it is happening again. I am preparing myself for the worst. It is horrible. I have an ultrasound in 2 days and I just keep praying that everything is ok.
- —Guest Jacque
Pregnant again after 2nd trimester loss
- I had a missed miscarriage 2 months ago at 15 weeks. We just found out that I am about 5 weeks pregnant. We are excited about this baby, but definatly have concerns. We are trusting in God that He will have his perfect will in this child's life, even if it means we lose this child also. I understand what everyone is saying about not getting attached. I felt that way too. But I have decided that it won't hurt any less to lose this baby if I try not to love it. I will only have more regrets that I didn't cherish every minute I had with this baby. So, I decided to give my whole heart to this child and to be grateful for every minute it is with me. I know that there will be times that is easier said than done, but I am going to try my best. My son (first baby) has been gone 10 weeks. I delivered him and held him but I still regret not telling him how much I loved him until he was dead, or touching his hands, or taking pictures of him. He was only 15 weeks, but he was still mine
- —Guest Megan
Miscarriage 5 wks ago pregnant already
- I miscarried 5 weeks ago tomorrow. I just took a pregnancy test that came up positive. I am soooo scarred that it is going to happen again. I don't even want to tell anyone. I just keep praying for a good healthy pregancy...
- —Guest Laurel
- I have one healthy beautiful son of 4 and a half. On July 2 2009 I went in for a routine checkup (I was 3 mths pregnant) and my dr couldn't detect a heartbeat, which was strong 2 wks prior. It all happened so fast it was confirmed that my baby had died in me and I had a D&C done. I had one normal menstrual cycle and I am now 6 wks pregnant. I am so excited but I am very scared too. I did change doctors because of bad memories of that office and I didn't like the way he handled my situation. This was a positive change for me. I am more cautious and probably won't tell anyone besides my mom, husband, and mother-in-law until they have figured it out on their own. I cherished every moment being pregnant w my son but I am scared to become too attatched to this baby. My faith in God keeps me positive and I have to believe that it is all in his hands and pray for the best! I wish all of you the strength, faith, and courage to get through this exciting and nerve wrecking time!
Preggo again & changing docs after 2 MC
- I have had two miscarriages. Dec '08 at 9 wks and June '09 at 6 wks. Now I'm pregnant at 5 wks. I can't help but feel so nervous and anxious. I feel a bit guilty about trying not to get too attached for fear of another mc. I'm glad I found this site because it's comforting for me to hear that I'm not alone. I pray that we all have our healthy babies soon. I am even thinking about going to a new doctor for a fresh new outlook. It seems whenever I go to my old doctor's office I feel negative vibes and sadness; it just brings back painful memories.
- —Guest Jen
Pregnant after miscarriage
- I am 31 yrs old, and I miscarried 3/27/09 just 2 days shy of 20weeks. I got a strep B infection and my baby girl had to be delivered stillborn while I was so sick I almost died. No one can explain how I contracted the infection since typically there is no strep B screening until 35-37 weeks. Now 5 months later I find I am 6 weeks pregnant. This child is just as anticipated as my daughter was, but we are VERY SCARED. I have 2 healthy sons 14 & 8 and have never had any problems during those pregnancies. We are just praying for strength and health. The only thing we can do is just have faith in GOD. It is all in His control anyway no matter how much we worry. Good luck to everyone in the same situation!!
- —Guest LISA
- I have one child in which the whole pregnacy was great. My husband and I have been trying for 5 years now. I have had 5 miscarriages, one just a few days ago. The last 2 were twins. The worst feeling is telling my husband I have lost our babies. We hoping soon to be able to go full term.
- —Guest HueyBean01
Pregnant again 3 months after loss
- I had a miscarriage 3 months ago at just 6 weeks. I am now 5 weeks pregnant even though we were not trying. So to see the pos. sign on the hpt was a shock. I'm happy but extremely scared at the same time and find myself running to the bathroom every 5 mins to check for bleeding and analyzing every symptom or rather lack there of.... very scared. This baby is so wanted. We already have a beautiful healthy 15 month old son. So we are very blessed. Praying hard for this baby....
- —Guest kym
Maybe pregnant after miscarriage
- I had a miscarriage in May at 6w5d. It was our first. Me and my husband were VERY excited...we even told everyone. Then I miscarried and now after trying again I think I might be pregnant again. I am so scared and I am trying to stay positive but it is so hard. I guess I have not taken a test yet because of the fear of losing this one too. I guess if I dont take a test and I miscarry I will just think I had a late period.
- —Guest Liz
Pregnant After Miscarriage
- My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs after a miscarriage. Finally found out I am pregnant but have only very mild symptoms--little breast tenderness, only mild nausea. I'm almost certain I will lose this one too. I haven't even told my husband because I know how devastated he was the last time. I haven't even gone to the doctor yet because I know she will do a serial hormone check and I don't want to learn that I have lost this one after trying for so long.
- —Guest MollyB
Pregnant immediately after d and c
- I have 3 beautiful children and I have experienced a stillborn and a miscarriage recently in May. I was emotionally ready to quit and never try again for a 4th, but I recently found out I have conceived only weeks after my d&c, and we were absolutely not trying to conceive. Very anxious and nervous after losing 2 babies. Can't even get up the nerve to call the doctor -- I feel like running away and not dealing with it.
- —Guest Kelli
Pregnant after miscarriage
- I had a miscarriage about a week after I had taken a home pregnancy test and it has been hard. I just took a test again...it's been 6 weeks since the MC and I am definitely not as happy as I probably should be. This came to me as a shock considering I had two successful pregnancies.
- —Guest a
Anxious and confused
- Just had a positive pregnancy test after two 1st trimester miscarriages in April 09 (D&C, chromosomal trisomy defect) and December 08 (missed miscarriage, most likely blighted ovum). I have a gorgeous four year old son and had a miscarriage 3 months before conceiving him and one in my late 20s. So needless to say, the +ve sign on the HPT causes mixed emotions- so would love to have another little one, but fearful of the emotional and physical toll taken by each MC. I've been under the care of a maternal fetal specialist through the last 2 MCs and just saw a new RE but got pregnant before any diagnostics have been performed. Now debating what to do- take baby aspirin, progesterone shots, mega doses of folic acid, etc. etc.. Who knows, perhaps it's all moot anyway, since MCs seem to test the limits of medical knowledge. I suppose emotional detachment is the way to go, but so very hard to achieve, particularly while having to function fully from a work and life perspective.
- —Guest AnxiousinNY
Pregnant again so soon
- I recently had a miscarriage at four weeks and was told to wait 3 months. Now before having a normal menstrual period I found out I am around 6 weeks I think. We weren't even trying and I am scared to become attached.
- —Guest Sarah