From "Where is it?" to "Go away"
- On March 31, 2010 I went to the ER and was told I was having a miscarriage. I didn't even know I was pregnant. They administered a D&C, kept me in the hospital for 24 hours, and then released me. I was told my period would come in 30-40 days. On May 10th, I went in for a check up to make sure everything healed properly. I hadn't had my period yet but I was told there was a very thin lining forming and I would get it soon. I waited and waited and waited...for a total of 12 weeks...for my period. It finally came on June 25. It was pretty light for about 5 days (which was a typical period for me). Then it stopped for a day and I figured I was back to normal. The next day it came back only this time it was super heavy with large clots. It's been a total of 10 days now with bleeding, 4 of which have been heavy with clots. Should I be concerned? How have some of your first periods (those who have had it) been like after a D&C?
- —Guest Michelle
No period yet . . .
- I had a natrual miscarriage June 2010. I started with light spotting of brown blood on May 31, which increased to a period like flow - but the blood was all brown and with some clots. I had some bleeding before, and they told me as long as it was brown not to worry and just rest with my feet up. On 6/7 I had an US after which the tech said my uterus was empty, but the fetus did not come out until the evening of 6/10/10. I bled for about another week or so after that (bright red blood). Beta Quant of 48 on 6/17, then a negative pregnancy test on 6/29. I'm still spotting . . waiting for it to stop, and wondering when I'm going to get my period. I think that all the bleeding took a lot out of my system. FYI, there is an e-course that sounds interesting, wanted to let y'all know about it: naturallyknockedup.com. Its about getting your body in the best condition to conceive again. I'm sorry for all of your losses - I know how painful it is. Wishing you healthy babies!
Miscarriage in Jan (D E)
- It is June 29 and I am still waiting..................
- —Guest waiting too long
- I was in my 14th week when we discovered there was no longer a fetal hearbeat. This was on May 5, 2010. After a long 10 days of waiting, had a D & C on May 15th. Today is June 13th, and am having what I believe to be my period - which would be exactly 28 days since the D & C. Am hoping to have a "normal" period, then one more (based on Dr's advice), then will hopefully try in July/August. Hoping this helps others.
- —Guest Guest A.
- I have a miscarriage on 21st of dec 2009 and still waiting for periods. My all pregnancy test are negative, and I took tablets for withdrawal bleeding but..... still no periods.
- —Guest pari
Waiting for my period
- I had conceived on April 8 or 9, funny thing with me is that I was on the depo shot and was due for my next shot around March 10 and I miss the shot and became preggo on April 8 or 9. I couldn't even believe it cuz it suppose to last 6 months in your system then yet I got preggo like a month after. I was supposed to get my period on April 26, I missed my period and got a pregnancy test on April 29, found out I was preggo. I went to the doctor cuz the next day I was having severe lower back pains and went to the emergency room. They did a sonogram, they couldn't find a pregnancy in my uterus and thought that it was gonna be a ectopic pregnancy but turns out that it was cuz I was too early in my pregnancy and just there. I had a D&C done becuz I was gonna have a miscarriage, the doctor had told me. I got it done May 7 and till today I haven't had my period but just today I was having cramps. Maybe I will get it later. I hope so.
- —Guest mika
- I've had 3 miscarriages in the past 12 months. The last one was 11/05/10. I'm still waiting for my period, each miscarriage I have had I've had a different experience but remember my period was so very painful it was unbearable. Love and best wishes x
- —Guest jo
I can relate
- 3 months ago I had a late miscarriage, baby came out at home, lost 2 litres of blood had surgery and blood transfusion. I have been off and on bleeding for 3 months about fortnightly. After a month after m/c the Dr told me all was well and we could start trying for another baby whenever we wanted even though I told her I'd been bleeding every couple of days or weekly that month. It just makes no sense to me and I feel upset sometimes because I think that someone should tell us what to expect, what is normal or not, or maybe its always different with every body. kindest regards.
- —Guest Vashti
Miscarriage at 5 weeks
- I had a m/c back in March, had three positive tests and started bleeding for 3 weeks. Dr had me on bed rest and later found out April 1 i was having a m/c. On April 4 I stopping bleeding. It's now June 3 and no period in 8 weeks. Havent taken a test yet. I'm afraid its gonna be negative after having the m/c. Haven't had a period so not sure what's going on, need to test and find out what's going on or go see my Dr.
- My hubby & I found out we were pregnant at about a month. I had been having pain & spotting which led to 4 visits to the ER. They kept telling me that they could not do anything (or really tell anything) because I was too early. After a few more trips to doctor I finally had my 3rd ultrasound at 8wks and heard the heartbeat. I was never so excited and happy in my life. At 10wks I wound up back in the ER because of severe pain. 25 hours later they told me that my baby had stopped growing at 9wks. I had a d&c done 3wks later on March 30th. I was told that my first period could be irregular but after that I would be back to normal. 28 days after d&c I got my first period but am now 10 days late with a negative pregnancy test. I have no idea whats going on. I wish I knew for sure I wasn't pregnant. I'm so confused!!!!
- —Guest Katy
- I had a miscarriage at what should have been 14 weeks on 4/29/10 -- almost 4 weeks later on 5/27/20 I started with a very light period and though it was over two days later, but yesterday and today have been hell, I have never had such a bad period. It is almost like the miscarriage all over again. BUT I am excited because my husband and I plan to try again in the next few months (after we get back from vacation). Good luck to you all.
- —Guest Concerned
Hope for us all
- Had miscarriage 20 march 2010 and didn't get a period in between! Have done several pregnancy tests and now am pregnant again!!! Scared it's not going to continue...
- —Guest emstar
... 7 weeks lonnnnggg weeks
- I have a M/C on 4/4 and had an emergency D&C on 4/9... My period returned on 5/21. Now are are trying again. I wish you all the best of luck
- —Guest SJA
Miscarried April 26 2010
- I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks on April 26th 2010. I just got what I think is my period on May 25th, but it's much lighter than a normal one for me....so I'm not sure what to expect at this point.
- —Guest Ashley
Almost 15 weeks
- I had a D+C for missed miscarriage on Feb 8/10, still no period - almost 15 weeks. Feel like I will never menstruate again.
- —Guest J