Miscarriage at 7 weeks
- I found out I was going to have a baby on my birthday (1-8-10). Took 4 home pregnancy test all positive. Called the doc to schedule an appointment for the 19th. One the 18 at 5:30 pm I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw blood and looked in the toilet and it looked like black cherry kool-aid, so I went into the ER. They said that my cervix was still closed and they think I was bleeding the excess blood that I had from my last period. 24 hrs later the bleeding stopped. On the 25 it started again but with little cramps in my lower back. The 27 it got heavy like a really heavy period and I had passed a clot the size of a quarter, took to my doctors and he is doing test on the clot now. And tonight I passed another clot but this is much bigger like a peach seed and round. I have to go see mt Doctor at 9am for them to do more test, to see if they can tell me what happened and with my religion I'm finding out the sex so i can name the baby or babies. I hoped this helps someone.
Non-confirmed miscarriage at 6wks
- My period is likely clockwork. 30 days and it's here. The day I was supposed to get my period I had very pink spotting. Initially I was bummed as I thought we weren't pregnant but, my period never came. I read through sites of others' experiences and came to realize that the spotting I was experiencing was more like implantation bleeding. At that point I was exhausted, had mild cramps that I had never experienced before and spotted for 3 days pink. (I've spotted before during ovulation but it was nothing close to this ever). Just as I was starting to get excited that we might be pregnant I started getting really extreme cramps for me. Nothing I had to go to the hospital for but, it had me worried. Sure enough next evening I went to use the bathroom, looked down and was shocked. I had just passed a HUGE sac-like clot that was bigger than the circle I can make with my thumb and index finger. Just like the stories I read about above. That was 5 days ago. I'm in denial bummed.
- —Guest asdfaklj
Miscarriage at 6 weeks
- Had cramps/sore breats which is why I initially took the preg test. Was positive. After the initial shock hubby & I were over the moon. Went to obstetrician, scanned me and said I was about 5 weeks. But my dates suggested that I should be around 8 weeks. Went back following week and had another scan, sac had shrunk. The obstetrician said I would miscarry naturally. Went home and started bleeding that night, woke up in morning and passed a large (~6cm) membrane looking clot with purple wavey things on it and a little clear bead that I popped and had liquid in it. I assume this was the baby & placenta. I am 26 and although a bit sad, ready to try again.
- —Guest Kate
Miscarriage at 5 or 6 weeks
- Last week I found out I was pregnant. I had mild cramping, but that was normal. Over the course of the week, I had brown discharge, that soon turned to blood. My cramps intensified. I went to the ER and they confirmed I was pregnant and that my cervix was closed. I had a "threatened" miscarriage. The next day, the cramps were overwhelming. I was bleeding like I had my period and then I passed a large tissue sac, a bit bigger than a tooney. I knew I had miscarried. The cramps were immediately gone after I passed that tissue. We were devastated. I'm sorry for those who are going through this. My mom went through the same thing with cramps and heavy bleeding at 7 weeks, but I was born on time and healthy despite all of that. It just goes to show you that every pregnancy is different. Good luck.
- —Guest Guest K
- As soon as my doctor diagnosed me with a blighted ovum miscarriage, I began to research miscarriages on the internet. Some doctors are wrong- even when the hCG level lowers and there is an empty sac. I was about 7 weeks, and since I had experienced no cramping or bleeding, I decided to wait it out at home, although urged to get a D&C the next day. About four days later, I woke up in the night feeling wet. In the bathroom I realized it was blood and there was a large clot or dark red bag (not sure). Later there was a clear ball the size of a penny with the resemblance of clear gelatin. Now there are just clots and lots of blood. Though it is not pleasant, I at least know for sure I miscarried and am glad I did not get a D&C the very next day.
- —Guest Carrot Top
- I found out in November that I was 5 weeks pregnant and was pretty excited. A week later I started to bleed. I went to the ER, gave a blood sample, two days later gave another. They told me that my hCG levels are lower and I was having a miscarriage. That was about 4 weeks ago. I had terrible cramping and passed a large clot that day. I'm still bleeding, I have been now for 40 days. Yesterday I started getting terrible cramping and heavy bleeding again, and today I've passed a lot of tissue and another large clot. I have no idea what is going on. They say it's possible I was pregnant again, but if I bleed for another 40 days I might go crazy.
Probably an early miscarriage
- I was 2 weeks pregnant I think. I started bleeding heavily right from the 1st day which usually does not happen if it's my period. Though I did not go to see the doctor to confirm my predicament thinking it will come to pass. But I felt it in me that I lost my baby as we've been trying so hard to conceive for like a year now, and we feel so sad, but I believe there's always a reason for everything that happens. I'm still bleeding now and this is the 8th day but the flow has drastically reduced. So I'm very confused because I've never bled this long, and I've read it somewhere that even if it is bleeding from a miscarriage, the length should be about the same as that of a normal period.
- —Guest habeebah
- I had been on the pill for 9 years, up till the first week of december. I wanted to give my body a bit of a rest before my husband and I started to try for a our first child later in the new year. I got my period at normal time and went for about 10-11 days. (5 days longer than usual).But I know your body acts different when not on the pill. 2 days ago I noticed rusty brown spotting and a little lump fell into the toilet. It was only about a cm long and didn't look like a normal clot. I had some little pains in the stomach a day or two before but no bleeding then. So I have been with out a period for only 2 weeks and this happens. What could this mean?
- —Guest A
- My husband and I had been trying for our first baby for 5 months and found we were pregnant on bonfire night, so excited we told everyone, seems a big mistake now. I came home 2 days before xmas day and noticed a small amount of bleeding. Went to maternity unit who scanned me and told me my baby had died. Still in complete shock I signed the consent form for a medical miscarriage and was due the tablets on boxing day and then to be admitted 2 days after. I found up and delayed the tablets till after the festive period to get my head around it all, denial is a powerful thing and after reading misdiagnosed miscarriages I felt they had made a mistake. I now do not feel pregnant anymore, my boobs don't hurt anymore and lying on tummy doesn't hurt. It's another 8 days till I go in for my repeat scan, although I'm heartbroken my mind is around it all now and we will keep trying in the new year.
- I'm at a point where I really don't want a child. I laid down for a nap after experiencing strong abdominal cramps and woke to heavy bleeding. After going to the bathroom I passed several small tissue clumps and a larger, more solid one. I can't help but think I should feel a sense of loss but I have only relief that I won't have to go through an abortion. The doctor confirmed the miscarriage, gave me an assortment of iron pills and nonsene and I'm done.
- —Guest Jamie
I lost my baby today!
- I was 5 weeks. I did a hpt at 12 dpo that showed I was pregnant. I did another one 2 days later and it was as faint as the one I did 2 before that. I waited and did another one 2 days later and same. I knew something was wrong. I had no symptoms, only tiredness. Today I started bleeding and cramping and I knew that it was it since I had a miscarriage 5 months ago. About 6 hours later I passed a huge weird clot which I know that there was a baby somewhere in there. I saw a tiny part that looked so different from the rest of the clot which helped me realize that it was my baby. I am very heartbroken but I still have faith that God has a baby for me to love. God bless all those little angels that were on us but never met!
- —Guest erika
- I am 9 weeks pregnant and experienced staining 2 weeks ago, then on Thursday I had a very large bleed and felt extremely unwell. I went to A and E and passed a large fleshy clot, which I thought was the baby. The gyno and dr both said that I had lost the baby and would experience more bleeding and clots. I went for a scan the next day where they found the baby with a heartbeat and said I had a hematoma and an area of bleeding under the pregnancy sac. They told me to go home and come back in 2 weeks. I'm so confused as I don't understand what is going on now.
- —Guest kelly
What just happened?
- I honestly don't know what just happened to me, but I have been on the depo shot about two in a half months now, and it's been giving me problems. I was on it once before when I was younger but no problems like what just happened. For the last week I have been spotting brown rust colored blood and it seems I also have a yeast infection at the same time. They say this is normal. About an hour ago I started really bleeding, real blood. And a bigger two inch fleshy/bloody thing fell out of me. I have been cramping severely, feeling nauseous. I don't know what this is but I know the doctors dont have time for me. I'm really worried.
- —Guest kittygail
- My period was late for about 5/6 days so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. A couple of days later I was at work and I had pain in my back and stomach and started to bleed. It went through my pants. Was it a miscarriage?
- —Guest dedee
Going through a miscarriage
- 11/2/09 I found out I was pregnant. 11/9/09 I found out I was 5 weeks, 2 days. We were so excited; we had been trying with the help of Clomid. The day after I found out how far along I was & my due date, I went to the bathroom and saw blood in my panties and when I wiped. I automatically panicked & went to my gyno. She wasn't in so I had to see another dr. in that pavilion. She did an exam, blood work & said it could be normal or an early miscarriage. The bleeding that led me to the dr. had stopped but later in the afternoon that dr. called me and told me it was a miscarriage b/c my hormone levels had gone down. I was heartbroken to say the least. The bleeding would come & go but never got heavy. 2 days after the bad news I went to my gyno & more blood work confirmed a miscarriage. That afternoon I began to bleed a little more with small clots & little sharp pains. My dr. doesn't want to do an d&c, so I'm continuing to bleed & go for more blood work on 11/19/09.
- —Guest christy