September is National Infant Mortality Awareness Month, sponsored in partnership by a host of organizations, including:
- Office of Minority Health
- National Health Start Association
- March of Dimes
- Baltimore City Healthy Start
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Administration for Children and Families
- Indian Health Service
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- National Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition
This year's theme is "A Healthy Baby Begins With You and You and You."
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, from sharing a story about how you're working to prevent infant mortality at National Healthy Start Association's website. There, you can also enter to win a one-year of baby supplies from Johnson & Johnson just for signing up for Text4Baby.
Badge Courtesy of National Healthy Start Association